If you love Ubuntu and can’t live a day without seeing her! then help us spread Ubuntu by adding a countdown timer to your website. All you need to do is copy and paste the code and each day the image will update showing the remaining days before the release date.
Multiple GNOME terminals in one window, it is a program that allows users to set up flexible arrangements of GNOME terminals. It is aimed at those who normally arrange lots of terminals near each other, but don’t want to use a frame based window manager.
To install terminator:
sudo aptitude install terminator
Goto Applications > Accessories > Terminator.
Banshee was originally called Sonance until they change it 2005, Banshee is built on Mono and Gtk. It uses Helis, GStreamer, Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and FLAC multimedia platform for encoding and decoding media formats. It can play audio CDs and supports portable media player.
Banshee for windows is now in Alpha released and it is officially released for testing.
To install Banshee 1.9.4 using this PPA open your terminal and run the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/banshee-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install banshee
You can update your system thru your /etc/apt/sources.list. Visit PPA for Banshee Team for more detailed instructions on how to add this PPA.
I have done this on my Ubuntu 10.04 and it works, Just follow the simple steps:
- Install the extended preference plugin
sudo aptitude install pidgin-extprefs
- In your Pidgin click on Tools > Plugins check the “Extended Preferences 0.7” > Configure Plugin > check “Hide buddy list at startup” and close.
- In Plugins check the “Buddy List Options” > Configure Plugin > check “Hide the buddy list when it is created” then close.
- System > Preferences > Startup Applications > Add.
then you save and close.
Name: Pidgin Internet Messenger or "any thing you want to type".
Comment: "anything you like to type again."
Enjoy and have fun with your Ubuntu.
Geany is a small, lightweight cross-platform integrated development environment. It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few dependencies from other packages. It is using only the GTK2 toolkit – anywhere you can run GTK, you can run Geany.
Some of the basic features of Geany are:
- syntax highlighting
- code completion
- auto completion of constructs like if, for and while, XML and HTML
- call tips
- many supported filetypes like C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal
- symbol lists
- embedded terminal emulation
- plugin api
Changes in Geany 0.20:
- Improved compatibility with GVFS using GIO to save documents
- Fix sometimes crashing when closing a modified document and choosing Save
- Reorganise Find in Files dialog and add Files pattern to filter search results
- Show mimetype icon in sidebar Documents list and notebook popup menu
- Add per-document indent width setting
- Fix passing quoted arguments when using ‘Send Selection to’. This means e.g. sed ‘s/\./(dot)/g’ now works
- Add alternative color scheme based on Python colors (View->Editor->Color Schemes – not all filetypes supported yet).
Add the Geany PPA and install Geany in Ubuntu Karmic, Lucid and Maverick using the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:geany-dev/ppa
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install geany
sudo aptitude install geany-plugins
or you can add it on your /etc/apt/sources.list,
Looking for an application that will display the lyrics of the songs and sing along with it?
I will recommend OSD lyrics, It will display the lyrics of the song that you play through your music player and the lyrics will sync with the song. Its compatible with most Linux players.
- Launch your music player
- then launch OSD lyrics
to autolaunch OSD lyrics go to preference General and check the Display notification.
In your terminal
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:osd-lyrics/ppa
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install osdlyrics
Have fun and enjoy!!