GOFRIS is a GUI-based deep freeze application made by Muhammad Faruq Nuruddinsyah. Inspired by Ofris, a small application that give the name GOFRIS.
GOFRIS is very useful for public computers such as cafes, college labs, libraries, and others. When GOFRIS enabled, then all changes made in the locked folders will be lost after restart.
Ofris is an application which serves to lock the system or freeze. Or in other words Ofris is a application similar to Deep Freeze that runs on Linux operating system.
The Ubuntu users can install Ofris by adding the PPA from TahuTEK.net to list repository:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tldm217/tahutek.net
$ sudo aptitude update
$ sudo aptitude install ofris-en
How to use Ofris:
To use Ofris, just type “ofris-en” ( without quotation marks ) in Terminal, it will display options, the appropriate number and press”Enter”.
Note: Ofris can only be run by user who has the right to “Administer the System”. To give this right to user can be done in the following manner:
- Login to the User Administrator.
- Open the menu : ‘System’ > ‘Administration’ > ‘Users and Groups’.
- In the window User Settings, click the ‘Unlock’ and enter password user the Administrator.
- Select the user you want, and click the ‘Properties’.
- Then click the tab ‘User Privileges’ and give a check in the ‘Administer the system’.
- Press the ‘ OK ‘ and close the User Settings.